TOPIC: Starting Disabled

Starting Disabled 16 years 8 months ago #491

• Future_scientist
Hello, everyone. I have a 1989 eldo and when I turn the key sometimes is says starting disabled wait 3 minutes. I was told that this is probably due to the chip in the key, and I need to replace the whole ignition and get new keys. What I want to know is if it possible to bypass the car reading the chip and start up anyways? Cadillac wants $105 just to look at, and then 4-5 hours or labor @ $105.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Starting Disabled 16 years 8 months ago #492

• Fragile_2009
Try cleaning the keys or try your spare set first, or bypass the system. I just had mine bypassed. All you have to do is get resistor(s) that match the resistance of the chip on your key. There are two very small wires encased in a tube that looks a lot like another wire (mine was orange) leading from the ignition switch. cut the wires and put the resistor across them. I had an friend's brother who does auto alarms do it and he only charged $50 to do it at my house. He had to come out and do it because I put it off until the car decided not to start at all. While he was there, he put in a remote start system. Don't delay, you never know when the car will decide to cut off completely instead of making you wait a few minutes. Mine died on the street during a snow storm, and I had to push it into the garage so he could work on it !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds