These are the steps followed to change the plugs and wires.
• 1 Remove the engine cover (after opening the hood)
• 2 Remove the strut brace. This is easy and gives you a lot of room to work
• 3 Remove the coil pack. Two bolts on the back and two bolts on the side (10mm). This will give you easy access to all four rear spark plugs.
• 4 Remove the spark plug wire and change the spark plug. Do one plug at a time. You should not have any problem removing the plugs in the back. Use a spark plug socket - the one with rubber to hold the spark plug in place and an extension.
• 5 Change the spark plug wires one at a time making sure you put it back on the correct terminal. This is pretty foolproof. The number of the cylinder is labeled on the block and the terminal is labeled on the coilpack AND in some case it is labeled on the wire as well.
• 6 Put everything back in place.
The fuel filter is on the driver's side of the car underneath the (rear) door.
• 1 Remove the fuse and run the car until it stalls. This will remove most of the pressure from the fuel line.
• 2 Jack the car.
• 3 Locate the fuel filter and remove it. used a screwdriver to break the plastic piece that holds it there - I'm pretty sure there's a better way to do it.
• 4 Put the new filter in place using the new plastic retainer.
• 5 Don't forget to put the fuse back!
Clean the throttle body bore to eliminate and sticky throttle feel and/or idle speed control issues. Just hold the throttle open and spray the bore with carb cleaner and scrub with an old toothbrush. Disconnect the battery negative cable for 30 secs to reset the idle speed learn offsets for the clean throttle body.
Service the coolant system... This is the single most important thing to insure long life of the engine. The green silicated coolant needs to be replaced every 2-3 years / 24-32 K miles to maintain an adequate concentration of corrosion inhibitors in the coolant. Replace the coolant with fresh 50/50 coolant/distilled water and add the coolant supplement to the radiator hose as described.