TOPIC: What are the specs on the 425?

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2047

• purely_artificial
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible
It is very nice, it has that beasty feel, its just really strong. mine kinda needs a tune up, but it still runs great. Today I played around with an old hot rod '60s GTO, and the 425 kept up just fine. and now I know why Rick is always talking about nailing it at 30 and holding on.. wow, I didn't know a 4,000 pound car could do that! I'm in love.
Cool! What speeds were you guys messing around at?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2048

• invincible
We only got up to around 65-70... in a 35 zone. my friend Charlie was flipping out.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2049

• SadEyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible
Vroom Vroom! too bad I suck at engine work. I think maby the carb needs a little adjustment, the first time I back out of the driveway in the morning, it stalls, then the rest of the day it runs fine. I'll see what its like after a tune up and go from there.
Yeah, the choke... only when its cold... after we rebuilt mine, the choke still needed to be adjusted... she wouldn't want to stay running when in gear at idle on a cold start... I remember backer her our and it nearly stalling... the RPM went down to 200RPM, the low oil pressure and charge lights came on, I would be feathering the gas, and she would pick back up.... keeping a 7.0L big block running at 200RPM was fun.... never did get to adjust that choke.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2050

• invincible
is that easy to adjust, or cheap to have done? its sort of annoying to back out of the driveway, and have the thing stall with the kid next door looking at it like \"what a hooptie\" I want to race him.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2051

• SadEyes
The choke is electric... so there isn't a classic adjustment on it that I know of, I know it can kinda be set durring a rebuild....

there are two things you can do... first, let her warm up for a few minutes... its not fuel injection, they will need to warm up when cold..

or... as what I did, learn the drive it when cold using both feet, feather the gas and keep the RPM up using the throttle and use the brake to control speed while backing up.... it was fun and sound cool too .

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2052

• invincible
Ok, I tryed leting it worm up for a lil bit today and it worked fine, I guess it just wants to wake up for a second lol.
Time to create page: 0.911 seconds