TOPIC: What are the specs on the 425?

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2041

• SadEyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by purely_artificial
Shit, i mean as long as they were throwing in Chevy engines, why not the 454?? Give it some power not seen since about 1971!
cause the origanal cliantel would have nearly had a heart atack when they decided to push their luck and run an Olds 307 wide open.... they would probably break a hip when shifting a 454 from Park to Drive...lol...

Plus, I think fuel economey was kinda important at the time too....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2042

• purely_artificial
245hp and 355 lb/ft baby!!!

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2043

• purely_artificial
so how IS the 425? Did it meet your expectations?

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2044

• invincible
It is very nice, it has that beasty feel, its just really strong. mine kinda needs a tune up, but it still runs great. Today I played around with an old hot rod '60s GTO, and the 425 kept up just fine. and now I know why Rick is always talking about nailing it at 30 and holding on.. wow, I didn't know a 4,000 pound car could do that! I'm in love.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2045

• SadEyes
Nice!

gut the cat (drain the beads) get a modified '68 472 intake manifold on there and a hi-flow air intake... rebuild the car... and she'll be cookin' nice.... add some 500 exhaust manifolds and a worthy exhaust system, and that would really open it up.... manage to put even a mild cam on it, and the 425 would fee like a new engine.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2046

• invincible
Vroom Vroom! too bad I suck at engine work. I think maby the carb needs a little adjustment, the first time I back out of the driveway in the morning, it stalls, then the rest of the day it runs fine. I'll see what its like after a tune up and go from there.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds