TOPIC: Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1945

• galaxy
If I measure vacuum at the Optispark vent vacuum line I get 15 psi. Seems low for this low of cam engine. I will try to get a better place to measure.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1946

• galaxy
If I measure vacuum at the Optispark vent vacuum line I get 15 psi. Seems low for this low of cam engine. I will try to get a better place to measure.

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1947

• fallingStar
ive been so busy i havent had a chance to buyt he vacuum gauge but since im probably going to spend about 100 on the broken exhaust bolt im going to do that first and if the power comes back im leaving it as is.

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1948

• thinker
Can you get to a Pep Boys or other automotive shop? They usually will scan your engine (electronically) with a SnapOn tool or similar for very little money. That way they can tell you if you have a vacuum leak or if your MAP sensor reads high, you may have clogged cats.

Most likely, you have a vacuum leak caused by the bad manifold bolt on that particular side, but still, I don't think that would affect your 0-20 so much.

Maybe your trans is going on the 1-2. Are you getting any check engine lights?

Brian 96 Impala SS / 96 FWB

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1949

• galaxy
Silly question, it isn't starting in 2nd gear is it? I think I read on the Impala sites that GM disabled the 2nd gear start, but my 94 FWB has it still (V4P might have a different program that kept it).

With 3.42's and 2nd gear start the car would respond like a Powerglide car with 3.42's.

Re:Lacking power from 0-20(1st gear) LT1 need help 16 years 8 months ago #1950

• fallingStar
how would i know what gear its starting out in?

now that i think about it that makes sense because it does feel as if it starts in 2nd gear because the engine sounds fine but its like the power isnt transferred as well and its lugs forward. then again this might be because of the engine not giving the power output
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds