TOPIC: Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1315

• Prince_2007
we sympathize with you, but you have to agree, for $1800 you got someone else's problem. Now, that said, for about $3500 you can throw in a remanufactured or Jasper engine that's gonna be pretty much bulletproof, and go from there.

I have to toss in my side of the argument here too - I just talked to the 945,000 northstar owners who HAVEN'T had a HG problem, and they all said to say hello..

The quote in your last post is rather telling:
Quote:
I never did ANY research about Cadillacs and Northstar before yesterday and I tell you what: IT IS SAD. WAY TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM but to be fair, when they run,they run
I would never buy any fairly complicated piece of equipment, from a car to a DVD burner, without at least a cursory check. Of course, the internet is full of garbage, but with practice you can sift through it and every now and then find something useful.

There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of N*-engined cars on the road with no major problems to speak of. I know of one fellow with a total of 347,000 miles on three different Caddy's and the only engine-related part ever replaced on any one of them is a motor mount at 159K....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1316

• Donuld_Duck
dont have to, Prince 200 just said it again \"I just talked to the 945,000 northstar owners who HAVEN'T had a HG problem, and they all said to say hello\".

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1317

• Donuld_Duck
Admit it Prince, those \"Caddies\" are Fleetwood Broughams arent they?.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1318

• Charismatics
No, Prince didn't say anything like \"you should feel better about your problem because there are so many others with no problems\". As I said, I seriously doubt anyone ever said that to you.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1319

• Donuld_Duck
It was inferred. Must everything be in black and white?. Why bring up a theoretical 945000 people without h/g issues? Why?. Is he trying to comfort the poster with this absolutely made up number of cars without issues?. At the time he also said something along the line that for every Caddy in the garage getting fixed, a whole bunch of them actually go past the garage or some silly nonsense of sorts. Anyway, fuggetaboutit, this thread is getting stupid.

As to the guy that started this thread: There are good Cadillacs but they are all older and RWD.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1320

• Charismatics
Yes, it must be in black and white. Come on now. You can't say people told you to feel better about your problem because many others are not having them, just because that is what you read into it.

\"Why bring up a theoretical 945000 people without h/g issues?\"
I don't know, but I would guess to counter you saying all Northstars have head gasket problems. I'll let Jim answer that.
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds