TOPIC: Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1309

• Charismatics
Sealant tabs will not prevent nor cure a head gasket problem. I think it is safe to say that your gaskets are shot. I agree with Misfit. You got a \"good deal\" for a reason. The seller knew exactly what he had and wanted to unload it. You can get away for a lot less than $3000 if you can do the job yourself. Again. like Misfit said, you have to drop the cradle and hoist the front end high enough to slide the drivetrain out from under it. There are some detailed posts if I remember correctly. Definitely not a weekend DIY job.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1310

• Donuld_Duck
I know you just had a real bad experience with your car but just think of the many Northstar Cadillacs driving around without head gasket problems as we speak. Think about it, feel any better?.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1311

• MasTermInd
No,sir.I don't feel any better.I was a Lincoln Towncar man and owned along the years four of them.The only MAJOR problems that I had, having to rebuilt the tranny at one of them at 240k miles and replace the rear suspension air bags at another.This is my first and last Cadillac.I never did ANY research about Cadillacs and Northstar before yesterday and I tell you what: IT IS SAD. WAY TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM but to be fair, when they run,they run

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1312

• Donuld_Duck
I know man, I was being sarcastic cause thats the type of response I got when my '98 blew its head gaskets. Mine had 98k miles on it. I sold it shortly after the gaskets blew and bought two Lincoln Mark VIII's. Good luck to you.

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1313

• Charismatics
Oh come on Donal_Duck. I seriously doubt that anyone ever told you that you should feel better knowing that many others where driving around without problems.<br><br>Post edited by: Charismatics, at: 2007/07/25 15:04

Re:Please Read - 98 Deville Overheating 16 years 9 months ago #1314

• Donuld_Duck
hat was the jist of it, yeah.
Time to create page: 0.678 seconds