TOPIC: What are the specs on the 425?

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2023

• invincible
Yes, but would it beat a coupe Deville? being that the coupe is lighter. If so thats just sad, a small block out running a 425.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2024

• SadEyes
<br><br>Post edited by: SadEyes, at: 2007/08/01 06:51

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2025

• crackpot12
Not bad at all. I just don't get the comparison between SBC and BBC. Whether it's an Olds, a Buick, a Chevy, Pontiac, or Cadillac, the differences between a SB and a BB just make comparing the two apples to oranges. Like Rick said, the SBC and SBO D-bodies have deeper rear-ends and another gear to grab with, because they need them. That's fine, but you can't simply say one is better than the other, because they are vastly different.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2026

• SadEyes
Wow, hit a rough spot?

I just don't care much for small blocks... everyone has got them, to me, there is nothing special about a Chevy 350. I also don't like the idea of a Chevy engine being in a Caddy.

a 350 will beat a 425? Gosh, I'd hope so... but only by .4 seconds? Come on guys, with atleast 11 years advancement in car and engine deisgn, a whole extra gear and 3.08 gears vs. 2.28, I would sure hope it'd be faster. Put the 350 behing a Turbo400 and 2.28 gears and you'll bog it down, not only will it not be happy at all around town, but it would be stressed on the highway because of the lack of overdrive. On the same note, put 3.08 gears behind even a stock 425, and we'll see which is faster now.

Sorry, there is no replacement for displacement, thats why guys stroke their 350 to 383.

Seems like this turned into a SBC vs. BB Cad war here..... plenty of people like their Chevys... I am just not one of them... for me, its all about Cadillac and Oldsmobile engines.

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2027

• invincible
well, the 350 in my '90 is sort of slow from like 35 on. it gets off the line good, but zero highway power IMO. is the 425 the same way?

Re:What are the specs on the 425? 16 years 9 months ago #2028

• SadEyes
the 425 never felt \"slow\"... even at 75 on the highway, put it to the floor, the secondaires open and it downshifts to 2nd, and it would actually pull hard until its top speed aorund 115.

If anything, the 425 is slowest form 0-30, despite all the torque, trying to get 5,000lbs moving with 2.28 gears can be quite the task... so nail it from a stop it would chrip the tires, but kinda bog... once it hit 25-30 it would pick up really nice.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds