TOPIC: 2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP!

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1716

• Liger
Another member had a blown head gasket and planned on replacing the motor, so he poured in one of those fixes. Lasted around 5k. Theres no ten dollar fix for a major issue such as a headgasket
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1717

• Mr_Jarring
\"Repairs in a Bottle\" are a band aid at best.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1718

• Fragile_2009
So I have been in contact with Cadillac... They are looking into it and will get back to me. He promised no guarantees, but he might be able to take care of part if not all of it.

What are my chances? Has anyone else tried this with/without success?

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1719

• Low_spirited
If they do something for YOU then I am taking my Escalade in TOMORROW to have my either my differential or my A/C unit replaced. Your car is 3 years out of warranty and 8000 miles over. My 03 Escalade is only out of warranty by 6 months and I still have 46k!

That said, the Caddy dealers have a LITTLE more flexibility with regards to repairs now than they used to. However this is usually when youve bought the car or multiple cars FROM THAT DEALER and they know your gonna come back. They dont wanna waste their goodwill extension on just anyone.

I hope they grant you some courtesy extension, but I dont see how it would qualify when you just bought it used from a non-Cadillac dealer.

At this point Id recommend looking into that ebay sourced replacement motor. The truth is its the best way to go because they not only resolve the headgasket problem from EVER happening again, they ALSO take care of the OTHER known problems with that motor, OIL leaks at the half-case seal, and other common issues.

Good luck.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1720

• Low_spirited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Muddle headed
Man, I feel for you. My '98 blew a head gasket at 97k miles. My buddies '01 blew it at 54k miles. I hear that the '00 and above had the issue resolved but all I have to say is.............bullshit. In addition to the H/G issues and in the case of the '00-up models the suspesion/vibration issues, see what the A/C costs to fix if the need arises. Northstar Caddies are junk, plain and simple.
You know, I was about to jump all over you for making this another Northstar bash thread... but sigh, I simply cant defend this one.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1721

• Fragile_2009
This was not a dealer, but actually Cadillac. We have purchased numerous cars from another GM dealer and he suggested we give them a call, they stated that we called the right place... he also stated that he was unaware of any gasket problems with the N* engines! I figure I am getting my hopes up for nothing, but they spent almost an hour with me on the phone, and tried to call back today. I was impressed that they even had anyone answering the phone.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds