TOPIC: 2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP!

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1704

• Mr_Jarring
Oops, I stand corrected . I didn't realize he was talking about a DTS. Yes, definitely active $u$pen$ion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1705

• Liger
Quote:
$u$pen$ion

PERFECT way to describe the road sensing suspension ranger. See I knew having a back catalog of about every road and track, car and driver, motor trend, and consumer guide (not consumer reports, they suck) since 92 and up would pay off some day. Even if the girfriend thinks my house is going to go up in flames from all the magazines.

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1706

• Passover_me101
Is the timecert the same as a helicol, or what is it? Is the 03 going to have the same head bolt problems?

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1707

• Fragile_2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger
Personally I would buy a new or remanufactured engine, there are a couple good companys to buy one from. Most likely they will drop the motor when they repalce the head gasket. So it would be as much labor, with the addition to the labor of time serting the block, and the timesert kit. Not sure which would cost more, new engine or repairing the old one. But personally I'd go with a new engine. Especially if you don't want continuing motor related issues.
Aside from the eBay motor rebuilder in Wisconsin, does anybody know of another place to pick up a reliable replacement? And then when I have the engine in hand does it make sense to call around to find a mechanic that will put it in, or to try and order the engine through a mechanic shop and have them do both?

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1708

• Mr_Jarring
Same principle but much beefier. Helicoils will not hold. Don't even think about it.
www.timesert.com

Re:2000 DTS Blown Gasket, only 58k PLEASE HELP! 16 years 9 months ago #1709

• Liger
ae-engines.com sells the motors. I would buy the motor and have it delivered to the shop of your choice. If they order it they may try and jack up the price on you. If you were in jersey i could recommend a great shop.
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds