TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1470

• Liger
Well, the shop checked the car out and pronounced the radiator plugged. He said they ran it up to operating temp and hit the radiator in different spots with a temp gun. Had a difference of 185 degrees in one area to 70 degrees in another. I just decided to let them change it since I can still barely move from playing softball (sucks to get old). Couldn't get one until tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1471

• Low_spirited
The lesser of two evils is always good news Charles. Glad to hear it was not worse.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1472

• Liger
I got the car back, and of course the system the has air in it. I'm letting it cool now so I can top it off and rev it up cold to get the air out. The temp rose on the way home then dropped a couple of times like the standard air pocket symptom.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1473

• Low_spirited
If there is air in the system, the purge line is likely clogged. Locate and clear the obstruction.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1474

• shyguy_me
If the radiator is that clogged, shop for another one...... ( BTW) It cost me $90 to flush mine.

They could put in a new core......

Uh, if you do flush it, be sure to plug the oil fittings, but check the radiator after it's flushed, when you install it, and it's supposed to be hot, lay your hand on it in different locations and see if there are any cool areas. ( areas still clogged )

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1475

• Liger
Oh well...the problem still exists unchanged...wasted a bunch of $ on the \"clogged radiator\". Still overheating, and the radiator still doesn't feel hot (at least the air blown back by the fans). Can the water pump fail without leaking? My next plan will be the pump, belt and tensioner, I suppose. This sucks...
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds