TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1476

• Low_spirited
The only way the pump can fail is if the impeller comes off the shaft (possible but not very likely). I've lost track on what has been done. Thermostat changed? Purge line clear? Tensioner OK? Don't overlook the cap. Check this one out. caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13538
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1477

• Liger
I put in a new thermostat, checked the purge line, and made sure the tensioner had tension. I haven't checked the cap. I will change the pump belt today, as I think the tensioner is at the end of it's travel and the belt MAY be strecthed. I can confirm this when I remove the belt. The car is running rough on startup for about 5 mins then smooths out...not a good sign. I don't have the tools to do a cylinder pressure test...dealer?

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1478

• Low_spirited
Any shop can do the cylinder pressure test. All that is needed is an adapter and an air compressor.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1479

• Liger
Headgasket. I talked to Dave at Custom Innovations. I am now hunting someone to R&R the motor again...sigh.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1480

• Liger
I forgot to mention he has engineered a better insert out of tempered steel that is stronger than the Timesert. Also has coarser threads to better bite into the block. He also uses longer head bolts to fit the new inserts.After engineering these with a local machine shop, his new warranty no covers removal and installation if one of these motors fails in 3 years with unlimited miles.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1481

• Low_spirited
Liger wrote:
his new warranty no covers removal and installation if one of these motors fails in 3 years with unlimited miles.
Does that mean he is covering yours?
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds