TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1488

• Low_spirited
WOW. I just recommended these guys (custom Innovations). I think it was on caddyinfo. Wish I could remember who it was. Won't be doing that again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1489

• shyguy_me
Some mechanics are plain stupid....... Wouldn't this guy rather say \"No\" to a Northstar, and have a simple day pulling out a '70's Bug engine and have lunch?

Some people make life so complicated.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1490

• Tamsad
Your right- But thats all he works on I guess....I would have done it myself if the engine didnt have to come out though the bottom. It takes a blue collar guy awhile to save 5K to blow on a Caddy- He told me \"good luck in court all the way from RI\" well, I spent 3 days typing a 36 page law suit and will have a telephone trial. I love a challange- Id have more repect for the guy if he said- Hey, what can I do to make you happy? I probably would have settled for a low amount (before) Instead, you'll be told to pound sand....esspecially if you dare question the \"Northstar King\". Well, I'll fight this one for 5 years if thats what it takes.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1491

• Liger
Oh man...this doesn't sound good at all. I was just setting up a plan to have the motor removed and shipped back to him to fix. I should probably rethink this plan. Damn.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1492

• Tamsad
You said back? he didnt fix yours the first time either? Let me guess, did you have an \"airpocket\" HA- BS But, If its free why not- those new inserts he uses are because of me. I demanded the monster inserts.. Time Serts Do not hold up- and never have. The big ones go into the virgin aluminum and have a better bite. Just dont give him a nickel.....If he did work on it, do me a favor.....have your mechanic take off the front valve cover (its easy) then remove one or two head bolts.... look in there to see if there are \"any inserts at all\" I'll betcha there isnt. I believe he'd only install inserts if he see's a flakey head bolt when he was \"rebuilding\" --- with mine, he didnt mill the cylinder heads the first time either. So what happens is, when he re-tightens the head thats when the head bolts would start to strip out. All this to save what......$100 bucks on a 5000 rebuild? Also, if you find no inserts- why should you then pay for labor? It is clearly advertised he is frantic over doing that as part of the supposed rebuild.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1493

• Liger
I mean ship it back to repair. This is the first failure of the motor.
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds