TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1500

• Tamsad
I believe it- makes sense.... I even knew that but didnt even bother to say anything to him. I used a ziz wheel when I was on the dealer line but I purchased my own special cleaning pads on it. It was a rubber type material with a bunch of stubby ends.
I guess its not only the scotch brite that was a joke, but who the hell would ruin a perfect machine surface doing that, just to \"take away\" those faint swirl marks- Im so glad I treated myself & sent my car out this time!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1501

• smartbrain
Damn if my heads go I'll make sure to stay away from this rip-off. And I'm an A&P mechanic. I know more about a piston engine than the jet/turbine engine. I don't even work on them. I just got the P part because everyone wants to hire an A&P licenced mechanic instead of just an A licence mechanic. Don't ever ask me to work on your turbine, I'll probably screw it up. Haven't touched one except when I was learning. Airframe on the other hand, I'm the shit, lol.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1502

• Committed_guy
Yes, that is the experience I'm having in the aircraft industry. During training, all A&Ps learn about both turbines and pistons.

After that, they seem to go work in one or the other, but not both. They get very good at one or the other, but not both.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1503

• shyguy_me
I've hung on, at 191 MPH in the water.... then we make a turn!

Funny..... the turbine sound is always like if you are on take-off ..... The water doesn't get thinner at high speed, like an aircraft.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1504

• shyguy_me
Are ya talking about a skin on a plane?

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1505

• smartbrain
Yea we're talking about th skin. I do a lot of sheetmetal and I'm pretty good with the fiberglass and kevlar. Army helicopters like the Apache that I worked on have a lot of kevlar and fiberglass and the Blackhawks have a lot of glasswork too. I used to fix them a lot.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds