TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1512

• Liger
Yep...the entire oil pickup screen was clogged with silicone...killed the motor dead. I now this motor evidently has been sealed with the stuff. I am just going to sell the car if I can ever get it running right and buy myself a '91 Seville.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1513

• Tamsad
That stinks.... It can be frustrating- I just wouldnt give up with mine. I may have the only STS that runs good and doesnt have oil leaks 3 years from now. The 1997-2002 STS models look sweet, just has that look like the driver window will open and a sub-machine gun pops out. You can see mine on Daves website, he must be so proud!...just type in custom innovations northstar on google and his site is the second one down. Even GM cant figure the Northstar out- They just hope they \"go away\" It took a tool maker on e-bay to make inserts that work.....but it was pretty much 3 years too late. & again, Don't bother w/ GM timeserts
they Do Not work...if they work for a short time, (you were lucky)
And Oh, the 91 Seville- nice- I had a sweet 91 dark red Deville w/ a 4.9 - Like sitting on a leather couch & they can be fixed (sort of)

Anyone can laugh at will about Volvo's but I was working on the line from 1994-2001 & really, that is one car that is \"meant to be fixed\" at least for those years. I've worked on many that have 300,000 miles plus- any Caddy owners out there still tickin along at 300K?.
People say they are high maintenence because somone figured out years ago that Volvo customers will pay $800.00 for a 60,000 mile tune-up & another $1500.00 for brakes...the good old days- thats why Dave at Custom Innovations is pissed- you cant con a dealership tech.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1514

• Tamsad
Im Sure the story is already to long and old for most readers already....But get this new update! (as of 6/22/07)

My new local guy has been doing a perfect and careful job on the removal and repair of my engine on its 3rd removal. He's attending to the oil leaks and a ton of other problems Custom Innovations hacked..... I stopped by his shop yesterday to see how he was making out. He had the engine on an engine stand showing me a half dozen things Dave at Innovations broke. Such as a twisted EGR tube, snapped coolant temp sensor, an oil pick up tube 1/2 full with silicone bits and more.
Bet get this one- when Custom Innovations installed my \"new\" front engine mount that they sold me- he must have snapped the bolt while putting it on with an impact gun (SO) He WELDED the engine mount onto the subframe.....he didnt even put a weld bead all the way down the sides. Also, my new guy found two bolts for the power steering bracket laying on top of the P/S lines. I guess when Dave dropped them he didnt feel my steering was important enough to be secured. And still, metal shavings all over the block- the new shop will blow/clean it off, he just wanted me to see.
Gee, I wonder where all those metal shavings in my power steering fluid came from as I posted ealier. Hummmmm- Im damn glad Dave wasnt in my line sight yesterday.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1515

• Low_spirited
WOW! That is some real shoddy workmanship. Sorry I ever recommended them. I certainly don't anymore.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1516

• LP_GP
UN-believable what hacks are out there. I've seen plenty in my years as a Mercedes Benz dealer tech.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1517

• Liger
Wow...I'm glad I was able to sell my '99 STS before any of these other issues turned up. I certainly don't want to deal with the silicone in the oil pickup problem again! I too am now sorry I recommended them. I have some things to fix on the '91 but at least they are not drivetrain related.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds