TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1506

• Muddle_headed
What do you know about fabric and dope on tubular and wood structure?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1507

• shyguy_me
How's this for an ultra-light?

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1508

• Tamsad
thu;1112012 wrote:
Yes, that is the experience I'm having in the aircraft industry. During training, all A&Ps learn about both turbines and pistons.

After that, they seem to go work in one or the other, but not both. They get very good at one or the other, but not both.[/QUOTE

The Jet thing is just another way to make himself feel better- Some techs get pissed & frustrated when they are challanged. Tech's who cant fix a damn thing know it deep down. He'd tell you he was the Prince of Bel-Air if it Helped part you with your 5K..... Come on Dave- log on- show your true colors for us all. Maybe you should gvet into the Velcro business? Because thats what your customers will need for engine mounts after you work on it.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1509

• Modesty
I just read this whole thing. Im always cautious about chastising someone who isnt available to post their side of an argument, but I believe weve got a serious enough situation here to warrant either changing the name of this thread or creating a new thread about Custom Innovations and making it a sticky in the Northstar vehicle section or at least this Northstar Tech forum. Perhaps one day this Dave character will show his face here and at least attempt to explain what the hell is going on.

This information shouldnt be hidden in a thread that will end up 10 pages deep.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1510

• Tamsad
Well its just the plain truth- I lived it.....I KNOW others have too. As far as a warrant he almost had one if he had my car another 10 days. Also, after his F*** up he threatened to put a lien on my car if I didnt pay for more parts....he planned on blaming the radiator & charging me twice-?! This was (before) he started the second rebuild.....I went absolutly nuts. I told him do NOT touch that car...send it back- Gee, all of a sudden he admitted he pulled out a head bolt when he first rebuilt it. Why would a tech tell a customer \"well\" I dont think I messed up, But....I'll rebuild the entire engine again, THEN, if it doesnt fix it- I'll try a radiator. Isn't that a little backwards.?
***UPDATE*** I found a great local shop here in RI. The engine is now out for the 3rd time- It needs another set of head gaskets, a rear main seal, and the oil pan gasket.....Whats funny is- the tech noticed the Mid Case seal is not leaking, however, GM has an updated gasket for the midcase block. Instead, Custom Innovations used a tube of silicone! Sweet! Now I get to paythe tech another 6 hours to scrape that crap off and do it right.....

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1511

• Low_spirited
Have them check it out closely. That is what killed Chazglenn's engine. They found silicone or RTV in the oil pump pickup from a previous half assed attempt at a halfcase repair and the engine eventually starved for oil.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds