TOPIC: radiator

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1482

• Liger
No, not this one. The motors that have been built with these new inserts. And my message should have read \"his new warranty NOW covers...\" Sorry...the edit button must go away after a certain amount of time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1483

• Low_spirited
Well that SUCKS! So much for standing behind your product.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1484

• Liger
He is standing behind his original warranty. The warranty when I got my engine was for repair or replacement of the motor only, unless the install was done by Custom Innovations. That is fair. The new warranty goes above and beyond in that he will cover the R&R regardless of who did the work if the newer stronger inserts fail. So, yes he will fix the motor, but I have to get it to him. He will also cover shipping charges both ways.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1485

• Tamsad
I had my engine rebuilt from custom innovations (twice) I was also a tech before....Dave didnt engineer a damn thing, he stole a pat pending design from a guy on e-bay that sells monster northstar inserts and gave one to a machine shop....Who knows if they are as good- but the e-bay guy has awesome inserts. I MADE him buy the ones from that guy for my engine for the second rebuild. My engine STILL is no good. It now leaks oil from the rear main seal and oil pan, plus my entire powersteering system is ruined from metal shavings- Either he added them or they got in there when the block was being drilled to accept the inserts. I can go on an ON about that shop. Im all the way in RI and I sent my STS to him due to his convincing ad's- My worst move I ever made. I just filed in WI district court- Has ANYONE Else had similar problems?? And oh, as far as his unlimited warranty? YA RIGHT! I didnt make it 100 miles before mine overheated again & leaked oil (which it never did before) Nice feeling at 1 A.M. trying to make it back to RI from WI!!
He'll blame YOU for any problems- Need any more info?? I've got plenty on that shop. Oh, I was also called (and I quote) \"a cheap *******\" as a reward for forking over almost $5,000 CASH after I disagreed with his over the phone \"its your fault theory\" So come on....there HAS to be more Caddy owners who had dealing with him.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1486

• shyguy_me
He'll blame YOU for any problems- Need any more info?? I've got plenty on that shop. Oh, I was also called (and I quote) \"a cheap *******\" as a reward for forking over almost $5,000 CASH after I disagreed with his over the phone \"its your fault theory\" So come on....there HAS to be more Caddy owners who had dealing with him.[/quote]

Shame on them....... Contact the local B B B & the District Attorney's Office ( Consumer Affairs / Complaints) to inquire of other complaints.

I figured any repair cost near the price of a new OEM engine, I'd take the factory warranty engine.

Re:radiator 16 years 9 months ago #1487

• Tamsad
I plan on that as well. Yeah he blamed me alright......even going to the extreme saying \"hey you asked for a rebuild\" not my fault if its your radiator! (which it wasnt) its the first thing I checked- Thats like your Doctor saying...look Pal, you told me to chop your leg off with a rusty sword....then 4 days later stating LOOK, its not my fault you cant walk! You probably have cancer-
After he had my car for 6+ weeks for the second rebuild (he was \"busy\") it actually came down to getting the Police involved. They then called back and refered me to a fraud investigator for the State of WI. He works with the District Attorneys office and gathers info to see if charges will be filled. Once Dave Branchfield found this out the car zipped right into the shop. The guy actually has the nuts to use a photo of my car on his new website- The (only car) that shows work being done. You should see his E-bay photo's! ALL FAKE- except for 2 I found the same pictures with hyped out Northstar engines on a Northstar performance website. I also caught him in several out and out lies....There were over 100 e-mails that went back and fourth to get him to rebuild it the second time. I shipped the car back to WI, then back here for the 2nd build. When I went out side to meet the truck driver it was still up on the trailer.....I looked up to see the engine SOAKED with oil. The car also looked like total crap from sitting in the dirt for 6 weeks. He practically claims to be the worlds best Northstar guy- what a joker. He boasts about being a Jet mechanic etc etc etc---
If you CAN'T get the ONE and only engine you fix repaired then it might be time to hang up the mechanic shirt.
As far as anyone else who has a Northstar overheating problem.....Don forget the check & clean the metal coolant return line!! mine was never done-
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds