TOPIC: Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1660

• Mr_Jarring
Awesome,thanks. Finally have someone on my side...

Not worrying about the engine or trans. Not an issue with me. If i blow either one it will just put me of a faster track to getting a second car and putting an LT1 in my Brougham. If it does blow,i already have a place i can store it and a car i can drive until i can finance a '95 or '96 Maxima.

I appreciate your concern though...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1661

• Night_Mare
Now you are a man with a plan, my friend. I always think that as well. If my engine ever goes, it's just the perfect excuse to put a better one in. I haven't settled on it myself, but I may just go up to a nicely tuned Chevy 350. That'll have more than enough horses for me.

My grandpa's Fleetwood was a 4100. I was only a kid, but i remember my father hated that engine with a passion. He seems to recall it as being a pluckier motor than my 307, possibly because it was a lighter vehicle.

If I were you, I'd try and fix that solenoid though. It would suck to lose the race because of a poor shift. Most GM trannies are the same, it was real easy to replace on mine, if the solenoid is indeed the problem.

I dunno, what do you think? Do you feel the power when you put it to the floor? There IS power there...there's just more car than it can move....

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1662

• Mr_Jarring
It can go pretty well from a standstill.After i got my tuneup and new o2 sensor it really made the car come alive. I remember my '88 Brougham clunker with the 5.0. They seem almost equal from what i can remember. The HT4100 is more responsive and \"feels\" quicker than it is at times.

When i get the trans flush i will ask them to look and see what else is \"wrong\" with it. I have a good shop that is VERY fair. They saved me $1700 over another shops BS diagnosis.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1663

• Future_scientist
I put the odds at 2 to 1 on the 307.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1664

• Night_Mare
Speaking of the tranny flush, were you around for the big \"Tranny Flush Debate\"? Supposedly it's really bad for your tranny or something like that. The messages are still on the board somewhere, I only glanced at them, so I don't know what the final verdict was. You might wanna check.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1665

• Mr_Jarring
Quote:
Speaking of the tranny flush, were you around for the big \"Tranny Flush Debate\"? Supposedly it's really bad for your tranny or something like that. The messages are still on the board somewhere, I only glanced at them, so I don't know what the final verdict was. You might wanna check.
In no way is 22 year old transmission fluid good for my car. I call total bullshit. You can shove whatever nonsense at me about \"why its bad\" to flush a transmission,and i'll still say youre full of shit, so please no one try.(this is not directed at you Giovanni) I know many people who have had it done,and some said it was like driving a new car, a WORLD of difference.
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds