TOPIC: Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1672

• Future_scientist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarring
In no way is 22 year old transmission fluid good for my car. I call total bullshit. You can shove whatever nonsense at me about \"why its bad\" to flush a transmission,and i'll still say youre full of shit, so please no one try.(this is not directed at you Giovanni) I know many people who have had it done,and some said it was like driving a new car, a WORLD of difference.
There's a significant difference between flushing the transmission fluid and changing the fluid. To me, flush means taking it to Jiffy Lube and hooking it up to the machine and forcing fluid through the transmission. Changing means the two bucket method. I'm not sure which one you're thinking of, but in no way can anyone honestly defend using the machine to flush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_puzzel
I don't think removing the cat will cause anything to go boom on the car, although the emissions systems computer may throw a code or two. That shouldn't affect performance of the car, though. Good luck to both you and Rick, may the better driver prevail.
Only OBD2 cars have an oxygen sensor after the cat. Removing the cat will do nothing to the engine.<br><br>Post edited by: Future_scientist, at: 2007/07/27 14:28
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1673

• 25_jackson
Same here on the flush.

Actually, personally, when I change my trans fluid and filter, I simply drop the pan, when *I* flush the trans, I remove the pressure line to the trans cooler, put it in a bucket, start the enigne in park and pour new ATF thru the dipstick tube as the old is pumped out, until clean ATF starts coming out.

I NEVER, EVER would think about taking my cars to a shop and having them hook it up to the machine.... I hear people saying that their trans failed soon after a flush quite often... in fact... someone on the Isuzu site just had their trans go south after a lube place did a flush.

Ford was kind though, and they equiped the torque converter with a drain plug... you can really get alot of fluid out just by draining the pan and torque converter.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1674

• Mr_Jarring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_scientist
I'm not sure which one you're thinking of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25_jackson
start the enigne in park and pour new ATF thru the dipstick tube as the old is pumped out, until clean ATF starts coming out.

Thats the one^^^

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1675

• 25_jackson
That is the good, non-damaging way of doing a flush on an automatic transmission.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1676

• 25_jackson
Among other things, yes.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1700

• Liger
hmm<br><br>Post edited by: Liger, at: 2007/07/27 14:52
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds