TOPIC: Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled

Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1636

• Mr_Jarring
As some of you already know,and some of you now know, me and Night Wolf are going to be having a drag race at the Tampa meet on the 21st of July (it WILL be videotaped and posted).

HT4100 VS. 307

I have the adavantage of having a lighter car 3898 vs. 4190.

Have only 75k miles vs. 200k miles+

3.42 vs. 2.56 rear end.

Has a chrome Holey air cleaner (lol)

I have 135hp and 200lb ft of torque stock. He has 140hp,not sure on torque #'s.

Sound like an even race?

Well i need a little more than that,so here is where the vast knowledge of my fellow CF members comes in:

I just had a fresh tune up,new plugs and wires, new o2 sensor,coolant sensor,new rear shocks.Also has a new Interstate battery,and i converted it to top-terminal instead of bullshit side-terminal. Its running absolutely perfect. Though i still think i have a problem with the TCC solenoid,as it is weird about downshifting and upshifting,especially with the A/C on. It shifts great under normal throttle and braking,but when coming to an abrupt stop,it jerks and lurches alot before it downshifts. And when trying to pull out in traffic with the A/C on,it hesitates ALOT before it downshifts and goes.

What are your thoughts on this?

I am going to replace my air filter,change my oil and get a transmission flush before i go to the meet. But i was also thinking about removing my catalyst and just welding in a pipe. There are no emissions/inspections here and my friends dads shop could do it.

A) Would this give me any more power at all?
B) Would this mess with the computer at all?
C) Will this hurt it?
D) Will it be any louder?

Also, is there ANY mods i can do to the HT4100 at all that will help it perform better. Messing with anything under the hood?In all seriousness.

Thanks for your help guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1637

• Liger
I will bet the 307 will kill you. Hope you don't hear any 4100 main bearing noises! I have, and they aren't nice. There is a GM reman 4100 in my mother's 84 FWB, and it went in at 55 000 miles...

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1638

• Cats_Dogs
Great match up, and safe too!. Cop sees it and he wont even think its a race as both these cars at full bore are like a regular car just coming up to speed.

In all seriousness, gearing should make this an interesting race. Rick is running 255 ft/lb torque compared to your 200 ft/lb. I say run stock vs. stock and let the faster car win. If Rick wins, you can re-negotiate the second run, this time you can ask for lengths.........hehe I watch to much PINKS!. There's always NOS.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1639

• Mr_Jarring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger
I will bet the 307 will kill you. Hope you don't hear any 4100 main bearing noises! I have, and they aren't nice. There is a GM reman 4100 in my mother's 84 FWB, and it went in at 55 000 miles...

My car is almost 300 lbs lighter, has over One Hundred and Twenty Five THOUSAND less miles on it, has the better rear end,and hasnt been abused. Only has 5 less horsepower. How do you figure its going to \"kill\" me?

I have owned a beat up '88 Brougham, it was very similar to my HT4100,but had noticeably more \"oomph\" off the line.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1640

• Mr_Jarring
Cats_Dogs wrote:
Great match up, and safe too!. Cop sees it and he wont even think its a race as both these cars at full bore are like a regular car just coming up to speed.

In all seriousness, gearing should make this an interesting race. Rick is running 255 ft/lb torque compared to your 200 ft/lb. I say run stock vs. stock and let the faster car win. If Rick wins, you can re-negotiate the second run, this time you can ask for lengths.........hehe I watch to much PINKS!. There's always NOS.

Lengths? Heh,no way. Car VS. Car. He can do whatever he wants to his too.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 8 months ago #1641

• Passover_me101
My 307 is the 180 hp HO version. I know mine would do it......
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds