TOPIC: Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1642

• Muddle_headed
It all depends on the condition of the transmission on both cars. If it is old and tired, that one race can do it in.

I have my money on the 307 My wagon surprises me off the line.... NOT! But it does have 55 more ft/lbs of torque than the 4100, so that should do it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1643

• Love_puzzle
Jarring..For the first 100 yards or so, Rick's greater torque will simply kill your poor 4100. After that, it depends on you two and how you each drive. Converting to a straight pipe exhaust will lessen back pressure and kick up your HP a couple points, but nothing outrageous. So, as long as you're going more than a couple hundred yards, either one of you could win. Race safe, please.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1644

• Committed_guy
Don't swap paint!

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1645

• Low_spirited
This is gonna be some serious ****ing race action!

It's the 19 second club... haha! Like Destroyer said, no cop is gonna give out a ticket to either of you because your cars at WOT are like any modern car at 1/2 throttle.

But if his 307 is anything like that '90 D'Elegance I drove a while back (carb was in bad need of tune...sticky choke) an HT4100 in good tune would beat it. Between that '90 D'Elegance (131k miles) and an '84 Sedan deVille I drove (115k miles) the HT4100 was quicker with better throttle responce.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1646

• Qwerdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger
Hope you don't hear any 4100 main bearing noises! I have, and they aren't nice. There is a GM reman 4100 in my mother's 84 FWB, and it went in at 55 000 miles...
I agree. You should avoid racing the 4100 from a standstill. These old Caddies need to be pampered to survive. My 78 is completely rebuilt (every nut and bolt literally) and I would never even think of drag racing it. I drive it real f*#king fast( Post 100 at times), but I get there gradually.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1647

• 25_jackson
Sheesh, this is really getting turned into a big thing isn't it?

Heh...

transmission... my tranny was rebuilt about 4 or 5 years ago... she shifts hard and firm... its nice... I need to fix the speedo though as the torque converter never locks up (speed sensor on instrument cluster never gets signal)

New carb as of a few years ago

I have a kinda loud exhaust leak... cat needs to be replaced.

check engine light is on, as it has been since new.

My Brougham weighs 3900lbs or so, it said on the NYS title before I got the Georgia title... my '79 was 4,212 lbs and the Brougham is actually a good bit less weight. It does have a big old class 3? tow hitch on it.... help even out the weight balance issues, heh.

Anyway, I defintily want to race from a stop, as well as a roll.

I gotta do a tune up on the 307, she runs alright, but I know she needs a tune up.
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds