TOPIC: Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1654

• Fragile_2009
I've seen the 4100 in a mid 80's Eldorado lose to a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500... Diesel. Oh yea, and the truck had a bed full of furniture at the time. I'm going to lean towards the 307 just a bit, though the 2.56 pegleg is going to make it harder to launch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1655

• Low_spirited
You guys might wanna go find some ricers running around in their umodified automatic mid '90s Civics and have them race you too, just to add to the excitement and thrill! Detroit iron v. jap crap!

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1656

• Love_puzzle
Originally Posted by Jarring
Thank you for being semi-serious about this. I know racing an HT4100 is laughable. Do you know if it will mess with the censors or computer at all?

And to those showing concern about my poor motor, i appreciate it, but i doubt im going to blow it. I am rough with my car at times. I often get on it HARD,not to the point of \"abuse\", but i dont treat it like an HT4100 should be treated. It has NEVER given me any problems at all,never hinted at overheating,never had any weird noises, has just purred like a kitten for the last 30k miles ive driven it. Oil changed every 3k-4k. One or two drag races isnt going to blow it up. Or maybe it will,just an excuse to get a second car and park the Brougham so i can start to restore it.

In all seriousness though, please refer to the first post in the thread and reply with any helpful info. Thanks again guys.
As you both keep your cars up mechanically, I don't forsee any catastrophic meltdowns. I do feel that this will come down to driving skills in the end.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1657

• 25_jackson
..... they are both automatic, low powered land barges..... in a stright line race. The closest thing that driving skills would come into play would maybe be power braking?

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1658

• Mr_Jarring
Talked to my Dad, his advice was to take out my stereo system to save weight and if i have time,my A/C belt. Said i could advance my timing,but that may cause it to detonate and that is not worth it in a HT4100.

After i change the oil, put a new air filter in it and do the trans flush, im gonna take it out to Speedworld in Bithlo and do some passes to she what she'll do and practice my power-braking and launch techniques.

Thanks for the info and ridecule, i like it

Also,no one has given me straight answer on whether or not removing the cat will mess up any other sensors or cause the computer to do weird things.

Re:Some performance inquiries about the Sage Sled 16 years 9 months ago #1659

• Night_Mare
Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races. I heard that once.

Not saying it's going to mean anything, but he's got you beat in both. It is an even race, but a properly tuned 307 is nothing to scoff at, and mileage means nothing. 307s are near bulletproof. I'd go easy on that 4100. I'd be more worried about you cracking a head than losing the race. Your lighter weight will be a plus. Make sure you empty any unnecessary stuff from your trunk.

That problem with the TCC solenoid may work against you. In my car, the issue was only present after the transmission had warmed up, so try and let the car sit and cool before you race them. If the TCC kicks in at the wrong speed, It'll sap your acceleration worse than anything. My 307 is not nearly the slug off the line that it was described to me as, especially since replacing that solenoid, and I never put it to the floor.

Still sounds fun, and good luck! I'm pulling for you, even though I'm a 307 guy.
Time to create page: 0.940 seconds